Saturday, July 10, 2010

Competition Edge= Mel's #6

My Husband belongs to a off road motorcycle club, The Rovers, who put on a race MX race once a year. This year it was at a track in Hesperia, CA called Competition Edge. The races are usually a decent trek away from home. This was about a 5 hour drive for us, and after a crazy work week I was having a hard time finding my good attitude to head to the desert. If we were going to the beach or a spa, my good attitude would have packed itself, but the desert is usually hot, windy, dirty and lacking showers. But this time we ended up staying in a hotel near the track. And one of the Rover leaders is so sweet to my baby and bought him a fun toy to play with and let us hang out in their trailer, fed us, and all! She takes such good care of us! I really wish I had more time with my baby boy and I got such good quality time with him on this trip! Just the two of us got to hang out in the hotel in the morning and I got to teach him how to drive the truck and his first tooth popped out this day (which was also father's day). It was great to leave all the stresses, like laundry and other chores at home and just hang out with my boy and take pictures of the race. My good attitude ended up appearing even though I thought I forgot to pack it.
Ok, so low for the trip was finding a changing table to change a poopy diaper, they are only in the women's bathroom and super hard to find, we finally found one at a KFC and high for the trip was hanging out with my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment