Friday, July 9, 2010

Sweet Joanna

Joanna was our sister. I miss here so much, words can't explain the gaping whole that still remains in our family without her. She died August 24, 2001 in a car accident. That day was surreal and when I remember the events of the day I still feel like it was a bad dream. My Mom called me to say she was riding in an ambulance with Libby, going to the hospital; and Joanna was dead. I struggled to get in touch with my husband and when he arrived at the hospital he thought he was there for his mom who was dying of a brain tumor. I just remember how he melted in my arms when he found out that she was dead. I wish every day of my life that I could take back that one day and the whole 2001 year.
Life is so unfair. My sister, Sweet Joanna, was a beaming 16 year old girl who was so sweet, confident, loving, giving, beautiful, and talented. The world is worse for her loss. It's been almost 9 years, but I can still remember her laugh and see her smile. Life is so different without her.

You are so missed Joanna.

'i carry your hear with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing my darling)
i fear
no fate (for your are my fate, my sweet) i want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true) and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you
"here is the deepest secret nobody knows(here is ther root of the roort and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your hear (i carry it in my heart)'

E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment